The presentation reflects the first site visiting tour, it summarizes the first impressions and the information gathered from several sources, including the presentation given by the Council Member Mr. Wilfried Vandaele.
The main purpose of this week was to create the clear overview for ourselves of the situation in both scales: the all country and the project area.
The chosen topics are the following:
- brainstorm session – The suburbia (“stereotype” and “out of the box”)
- natural background
- historical development
- outcome – the existing situation
- artificial topography
- social and economical situation in Belgium and the comparison
- urbanization and public areas
- existing situation and the balance to seek
- seasonality (the impact on the commerce, mobility and the population)
- the on-site social research:
- interview 1 – the restaurant owner
- interview 2 – the old couple with the dog
As the focus points we found the problem of aging population and the housing question very interesting and challenging. The next step in the project will be the search of the scenarios and their effect on the built environment.